Sunday, November 25, 2007

Princess Gets a Squirrel

I've had a crazy weekend, and haven't gotten done nearly what I had hoped to. Yesterday, I was trying to work on my Christmas cards and the girls were wanting to go out ... then come in ... then back out ... you know the routine. Somewhere along the way I lost track of Princess, and when I went outside, she was no where to be found. She rarely leaves our yard, and when she does, she's usually just next door. So I was quite concerned when I couldn't find her yesterday and went out looking for her. A half hour later I still hadn't found her and enlisted the help of my neighbors to look for her. I was just about to get in the car to search for her, when she suddenly appeared ... coming through the trees with a squirrel in her mouth. It was a fresh kill and she had obviously been feasting on it for some time already. Both of my girls love to hunt critters and have caught various things - a baby racoon, a couple of baby rabbits and a couple squirrels. This one wasn't big but she was so proud of herself. My brother is fascinated by this because Elvis doesn't show any interest in catching critters. Must be that in the corgi family, the girls are the hunters.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh Beth, you are a strong woman and a lover of your girls beyond all! I think I'd be so grossed out if my dog came home with a dead anything that I'd have a hard time going near the dear pet for a long time. But that's just me -- far more squeamish than you.

Glad you did find Princess, though! And yes, it is interesting that the women in Princess and DeeDee's family like to hunt more than the men. Someone could do a study on that -- and gain fame and fortune in the process (i.e., Tim).

I like you blog site a lot. I will check back in from time to time.

I hope you get this reply, Beth. I actually typed a longer reply but then got bogged down in signing up for this google membership or whatever it is, and I think lost the first message. However, if you do get two replies from me, that's why. One is pre-signing up, one is post.