Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! This has been a year with many changes and challenges, and yet I have so much to be thankful for! Faith, family and friends top the list - along with a wonderful home, meaningful hobbies and of course CORGIS! We had an enjoyable day with some friends who raise buffalo. I've been fooled there many times ... thinking I was eating beef, only to find out it was buffalo. But I do believe the turkey we had today was real. And it was wonderful. My friend Melissa is an awesome cook!

As I've mentioned, Princess and Dee Dee have very different personalities and the amount of human interaction they require is one of the places you really see it. They both love people and love attention, but with Princess, a little goes a long way. After a few minutes, she's had enough and will go find a quiet place to be alone. Dee Dee has a bottomless pit when it comes to affection - both giving and receiving it. She loves to have her tummy rubbed and, as this picture shows, she found a good source of it today! Aren't these girls the cutest? They have a very handsome big brother too.

The Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving are two days of the year when I don't leave the house (except to take the girls for a walk). I am not a crowd person and I really don't enjoy shopping. I'll be working on Christmas cards, holiday baking and enjoying the music of the season. But Thanksgiving has always been my very favorite holiday of the year.

No comments: